Popshot provides a platform for some of the most exciting new writing and illustration talent from around the globe. Want to see your work published in its pages? Find out how to submit below.
Submissions open for the Protest Issue of Popshot Quarterly until 1 September 2020
Any work submitted after this date will not be considered.
Submissions guidelines are as follows:
* All work must relate to the theme of ‘protest‘
* Poems must be between 12 and 40 lines
* Short stories should be between 1,000 and 3,000 words
* Flash fiction should be between 100 and 1,000 words
* Send no more than three pieces of writing per submission
* Previously published writing is accepted, as long as you retain full publishing rights to the work
* Please include a paragraph about yourself and a short description of the inspiration behind the work
* Email your work to email@example.com by Tuesday 1 September at 9am (GMT) at the latest
We will contact the chosen authors in late October. I’m afraid it is not possible to give individual feedback and if you do not hear from us you can assume your submission has not been successful. We accept simultaneous submissions and do not expect writers not to have also sent work into other publications.
We’re always on the lookout for talented illustrators — both emerging and established — who can produce beautiful editorial and narrative illustration work in response to the poetry and short fiction we publish.
If you’re an illustrator and think your work could be a fine addition to our future issues, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a few friendly words and a link to your website or online portfolio. Despite receiving a number of portfolios every day, we endeavour to respond to every illustrator who takes the time to send in their work.